Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Project 1 Critique

PROJECT CRITIQUE FORM
Name
Class Section

Critique

- What ideas did you incorporate into the piece?
-War
-Struggle
-Individual struggle
-Wartime Media

- Do you think the piece is successful? Why or why not?
 The piece is successful in that it portrays individuals during wartime, especially the main focus of an old man with a flintlock rifle. A very visible struggle is occurring in the picture.  When first reading the assignment criteria I intended to use more color in my picture, but it was not suitable with the subject at hand.





 Self-Evaluation

- What skills did you learn through working on this piece? How did you employ these
skills in your work?
I used the selection and marquee tools selectively, the most obvious example being the overlaying text. I used layer masks and the gradient tool in order form most of my image.

- What challenges did you face?
Managing to find the right amount of text while not obscuring the image was the most technically difficult aspect of creating the image. Trying to form an image from what I had at hand was also challenging, as was hoping to incorporate brighter, bolder colors into the image.

- Did you find a suitable resolution—if yes, what? If no, what would you change?
I enjoyed how the image came out. With my limited experience and the images at hand, I think this was the best resolution of the image.

- What revisions would your make if you were to do the work a second time?
If time permitted, I would incorporate a border into the image in order better capture how war can erase the individuals' identities.

No comments:

Post a Comment