Monday, September 8, 2014

Collage Critique

Some thoughts about the previously posted collages:
  • I enjoyed how the "Serenity" picture came out. While it wasn't a collage in that it wasn't an amalgam of pictures put together, but the two pictures came together quite nicely. I somehow managed to get a small transparent effect when creating layer masks, which gave a small ethereal effect. The simplicity of the image contributes to the feeling I was attempting to convey.
  • My first collage was forgettable. I made it, felt like it sufficed, and continued on my way.
  • I did not use the selection tool on many of the images. When I did try to make a selection and incorporate it into the image, I felt as though the image felt cheapened. I didn't get creative with the tool, which may yield some nice effects if I play with the same way I did with layer masks. 
  • The "Technology/War" collage came out well. The way I arranged the images gave the image a very structured and rigid feel, good for expressing the coldness of war and the technology used. 
  • During the whole thing, I was more interested in color and unity than creating a unique collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment